Depression is characterized by feelings of hopelessness, a lack of energy, and decreased pleasure in normally enjoyable. Additional forms of depression include Major Depressive Disorder, Postpartum depression, treatment-resistant depression and it shares some symptoms with Bipolar and Schizoaffective as well. Most people experience periods of depression from time to time, known sometimes as seasonal depression, but when the feel never goes away it is categorized as clinical depression or MDD.
- Feelings of sadness or hopelessness
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Irritability or restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable
- Fatigue and decreased motivation
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Overeating or appetite loss